Utilities and Services
Electric power is provided for Sweetgrass residents by CenterPoint Energy. CenterPoint Energy delivers electric energy to more than 2.5 million homes and businesses in the Houston area through the Retail Electric Providers  (REP).   You can compare REPs using Power to Choose, the official electric choice website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas.  This website is available at no charge to all Retail Electric Providers to list their offers.   Compare offers and choose the electric plan that’s right for you.  Your electric bill will be available through your REP .  Click here for more information.
Visit Power to Choose to select the best plan for you.
Natural Gas
Natural Gas is supplied to Sweetgrass homes by CenterPoint Energy. Billing and Information on usage and service can be found on CenterPoint's website.
Street Lights
The street lights in Sweetgrass are maintained by Centerpoint Energy, not the HOA. If you notice a street light that is out or in need of repair, use the Centerpoint Streetlight Outage form below to report the issue directly to Centerpoint by clicking here.  
The hanging lantern light fixtures along Del Webb Blvd and on the Sweetgrass Circle bridge are maintained by the HOA. Outages and repair issues should be directed to the HOA using the Maintenance Request Form.
Water service to Sweetgrass residents is provided by the City of Richmond and is billed by them. (Water service is facilitated through MUD 187. See more under Property Taxes.) You may use online servicesbank draft, mail, phone, drop box or inside the office to make your utility payment. Past due notices will not be sent.

City of Richmond
401 Morton Street
Richmond, TX  77469
Trash and Recycling 
The City of Richmond contracts with Republic Services to provide solid waste and recycling services. Because Sweetgrass is not within the city limits of Richmond, MUD 187 has an agreement with the city to extend these services to the Sweetgrass community. Billing for ‘Garbage’ appears on the City of Richmond water bill each month.
  • Trash (Solid Waste) pickup – Tuesday and Friday
  • Curbside recycling – Friday
  • Yard Waste – Wednesday
  • Heavy Bulk Waste - Every second Wednesday
Click here for Trash and Recycling information. 
Fire Protection and Emergency Medical Service
Fire protection is provided by the City of Richmond and is paid to the city on your City of Richmond Utility bill.  FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES The City of Richmond Fire Department and the Fort Bend County EMS both response to EMS calls in Sweetgrass.  They work together to provide the quickest possible service to Sweetgrass.